








Dustin's main goal while stripping the wallpaper was to accomplish the full panel pull. After one day and numerous attempts, he was close...very close...

He might actually pull this off!!!

The face of victory!!
In all of our reading on wallpaper removal tips, we found that one of the major ones was exercising patience. So,we would spritz the wall and walk away for 10-15 minutes. I found plenty of mini jobs to do. One of the major ones was finding a way to open the windows that had been painted shut!In order to reach the windows, I had to employ some of my rusty rockclimbing skills. I kept my toes on the rock (or ledge) while using one hand to grip the "rock" or window frame while the other used a utility knife to cut around the window.
In the end, I realized that the yew bush would hold my weight so I lean against it while I go after the window with a bit more gusto, i.e. a hammer and putty knife!

VICTORY!!!

This little trench here has become my burrowing ground. We needed to get me back there to work on the windows and also to find the second water spout to the house. It had been long dormant, covered over with a combination of fiberglass insulation and duct tape! In the end, we got it up and running again!
We got to water our lawn!!

It's the little things in life that make it worth living! We have a lawn! And naked walls!! I've never thought I'd be so happy to see bare plaster walls!

So ends weekend one of our home improvements. Tune in for updates!!
1 comment:
Your first house - that's awesome!
Post a Comment